Thursday, August 16, 2012

What to do, what to do

We have all arrived in Egypt well before our first workday, leaving us with plenty of free days to do as we wish. With Ramadan to contend with and our general lack of knowledge of what the heck to do with ourselves, it leaves us bored. And what do we do when we're bored? We go to the mall.

It wasn't as packed as it was the first day we went but this is clearly where many escaped to to relieve boredom since everything is closed elsewhere. This mall had all the mall staples- Payless, Starbucks, Cinnabon, Auntie Anne's, etc. I picked up some fruit from the grocery store (like a Walmart) and clothes at Zara.




I also had to return an iron I bought earlier because it didn't work. They will go to great lengths to keep you from returning things. They plugged it in behind the counter and it got hot -but then I told them water leaks out- then they told me I can't return it because I had used it- then I told them, yes, I used it but how would I know it was broken unless I had used it? They eventually gave me my money back probably because I'm a foreigner and they didn't want to deal with me anymore.

In the evening, I officially joined the ACE club (theaceclub-maadi.com/). Earlier in the day, I had walked past it and realized how close it was to my apartment so I caved and joined. It was $80 for the rest of the year. A bargain they say but, if you know me,...

Today, we walked along the Nile and ate lunch at a hotel. I had the BBQ chicken wings. Like all things, it's not what you expect it to be but this time, it was delicious so only remembered to take a picture of the last "wing".




More wandering today and probably the next day- and the day after that.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - there's Pinkberry! Looks like a really Western mall!

    ReplyDelete