Sunday, September 9, 2012

Work and Play

It seems like there's been more work than play lately but I guess it's even because it's been all play and no work for quite a while.
Last night we went to a beautiful restaurant, Sequoia, out in Zamelek to celebrate a co-workers birthday. It was right on the Nile and we indulged in everything from sushi to mojitos to fondue. It was the first time I've had sushi in a while and hopefully not the last.

Birthday Girl

My classroom is a work in progress. You would think 2 weeks would be enough to set up but between meetings and having limited resources out here, this is the best I can do. I bought a lot of stuff from the States- like the pocket charts and letter cutouts. They have everything here- it's just so expensive because it's imported. My alphabet stick kids- letter F- is waving an American flag. 



It was the first day of school and those kids were exhausting! I passed out as soon as I got home. A nice bunch but I need to get back in the kindergarten mentality. Explain 20 times, then proceed. If all else fails, they love the hokey pokey.

Aren't they precious?!

No comments:

Post a Comment