Saturday, October 20, 2012

Classroom Update

Since my life has been taken over by 15 kindergartners, my blog has died. So I decided to take pictures of my classroom a month later because that's all I have going on in my life now. It's Reading Week at our school and we have Dress as a Book Character Day. I'm thinking of going as Dora (if I can find the duds) since we're going to go see the show on our next trip. That'll be another school-based blog update comin' later this week.

My very cozy classroom. 

Temperature is Raising. Keeping track of how many books we read this week!


Art based on literature


We went out to a nice restaurant tonight and I was going to take pictures but no one thinks of snapping pics when you're hungry and food arrives.
We have a short work week this week because of Eid. We will have a sacrifice at school on Wednesday so that will provide an 'I'm definitely in Egypt' moment. A long weekend means getting out of Maadi, finally! Camping on the beach awaits me in a few days. :) 

2 comments:

  1. OMG they're doing a sacrifice at school?! Hope you or any of your students aren't picked haha! But really, what kind of sacrifice are we talking about? Your classroom looks awesome and fun...gonna have to stop looking at these or I'm gonna be tempted to head overseas again without enough money saved up. Anyways, hope you're doing well, good to see another update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's typically a sheep but they slaughtered a steer today. On the basketball court. In front of a crowd of high schoolers.

    I don't know the proper etiquette of posting slaughter pics but they may be comin.

    And my kids are soo cute. They provide me with a lot of good laughs every day.

    ReplyDelete